SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nostalgicfarm

PInk or Cream paint in nursery?

nostalgicfarm
13 years ago

Please help me. I am using the following bedding for my 2nd daughter's nursery:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3986572

When I picked it out, I had envisioned painting the room cream. We just finished my 4 year old daughters room, using Benjamin Moore (Aura) Tea Room mixed at 50%. I LOVE the color. We had it in her other room, which is now ours. The Tea Room color would be beautiful with this bedding, but that would seem weird to paint the baby's room the same color. If it weren't for DD1 room being the pink, I would probably go ahead and do the pink in the nursery. I don't want to do another pink color other than tea room either.

I am afraid that the cream would be too light. We are Not white wall people, and don't generally go for the standard beige either. I picked the following cream samples that match up well with the bedding all from Benjamin Moore:

1018-Shabby Chic

1025-Chocolate Mouse

1031-Carlisle Cream

1032-Bar Harbar Beige

They range from cream to a pinky to a browny tan/cream.

If I did the pink color, I would be really weird for having painted soo many rooms the same color, but would do creamy for the curtains, rug and glider or chair.

If I did the cream, I would probably do a chocolate for the rug and curtains, and whatever I could find for the chair ranging from pink to chocolate.

The crib I have is a dark cherry, but I really want to paint or restain it a darker/chocolate type wood, and find a changing table in the darker color.

I am afraid that any of the cream colors may not give me much of a statement or be cute enough. I would just try one of them, and repaint if not happy, but I am 36 weeks along with my 3rd kiddo, and am not sure I will make it to 40 weeks, so running out of time!

If you have had experience with any of the 4 creams I listed, please share your opinions.

Also, would you go one of these creams, or the pink???

If you went cream, would you just paint the wall, or do a colorwashing or something for more statement?

Thanks so much

Comments (8)