SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacylh_gw

Painter rushed me to make a decision....help!

stacylh
11 years ago

Cabinets are due to arrive on Tuesday and all along, I assumed the painter (doing our entire house) would just wait to paint the ceiling, walls, and trim until after the cabinets arrive so that I could color match the trim to the cabinets.

Anyway, yesterday, he called while at the paint store getting primer to ask me what my colors were because he wanted to go ahead and paint the walls and ceiling before cabs arrived.

While I wanted to wait to choose colors, even after granite was installed, he firmly said that he had to paint TODAY! So, I picked Ben Moore Silver Song and Orchard White without seeing any samples, etc. and now I HATE it!! In the fan deck, it looks more gray but on the walls it looks almost baby blue. It clashes horribly with the adjacent room, which is painted BM Beach Glass and I don't plan to change that color.

While I'm not worried about repainting the wall color (there will be little wall left after cabs and backsplash are installed), I'm concerned about the ceiling and them trying to paint it with a huge island in the middle, etc.

They are working today and Monday so I could probably have them redo the ceiling, but need color suggestions.

Our granite is White Kashmir (with more gray veining than taupe), perimeter cabs are a creamy white (custom from cab maker), island is a dark brown stain, and the floors are medium brown red oak.

I want all the trim to match so that my cabs won't look "dirty" next to it, but the same goes for the ceiling color. I'm not sure what "white" to pick since cabs aren't here yet.

The trim in the rest of the house will be BM White Dove and the cab color is very similar to it, but not exactly.

What would you suggest about the ceiling? Should I just wait until cabs are here and paint it the same color?

Thanks!

Comments (7)