SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
paintingfool_gw

I'm off to Decorative Painters Convention

paintingfool
15 years ago

and I am so excited!! I always get like this when I am going to a painting convention but tomorrow morning I will have a terrible case of anxiety - mainly because I hate to leave home. One whole week of painting, trying out new products, shopping at the Expo where there is everything a painter could dream, checking out the beautiful paintings from the Decorative Arts Museum, attending the fantastic banquet where the tables are all decorated by the worldwide chapters - and the best is that I will be attending with 6 of my painting pals. Everyone is so excited, we keep calling each other - like teenagers going to their prom - LOL...

And we will all be high on the drugs the doctors gave us!!! - Now, I will have to explain that. Last week I had the gosh awful worst pain in my lower right back - a kidney stone and it seems to be too big to pass, I couldn't get my referral back (from the insurance) in time to have anything done before I left - and I am determined to go to Tampa, so I loaded up on pain pills (and Correctal to correct the problem pain pills cause) and hope I won't have many attacks. Another of the ladies just had cataract surgery and has a bummed out ankle so she is in a brace, another has Lou Gehrig's Disease and is in a wheelchair, another needed to have oral surgery on her tooth but there's not enough time before leaving so she is taking her pain pills (and Pepto Bismol for diahrea that her meds cause) Nothing will keep a painter from a convention!!

You just know we are all going to have a great time. Talk to yall next week.

B

Comments (20)