SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krysib

Release of contract...advice!

krysib
16 years ago

We recently went through the process of getting our house ready to put on the market, stressful, but my husband and I got through it. While preparing, some co-worker heard we were selling and wanted to put in an offer. We lowered the price since we both agreed we could save money by not using agents and accepted a contract written by a real estate lawyer knowing they buyers were pre-qualified. We then had an inspection and renegotiated for some shingle repairs and worn carpeting. Three days before we were supposed to move and five days before closing the buyers called us and said they couldn't buy the house because even though they were approved, their mortgage broker couldn't give them the monthly payment they wanted. (BTW, it was a difference of about $250-$300 on a $1500/month payment)I think this is totally ridiculous!! Our lawyer also says they have no legal reason the back out of the contract. we had already moved most of our stuff, now we have no idea how long it will take to get a contract again and don't even ask me where my pots and pans are or my can opener!! essentials even for camping!! I am just so mad!! I don't know what we could have done to make sure this had not have happened. Now my husband wants to list with an agent, which means less potential profit, but in his mind, less hassle. Any advice on hiring an agent versus persuing FSBO?? or advice on preventing stupid buyers from backing out??

thanks!!

Comments (12)