SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
citymomof3

Advice on some of my current deco projects!!

citymomof3
15 years ago

Hey, guys! We pulled the carpet off of our stairs a couple of months ago and have been slowly working on them. It's coming along! We have lots of other projects going at the same time and between them and homeschooling and the three kids, things are taking awhile. But I wanted to update with pics!

Here's how much I have to go!!

The current flooring is all being ripped up and replaced with the Golden Oak Novalis...

The only problem I am having is the sequence of doing things with the stairs. I stained first, now I am painting the risers white. So I taped as not to get paint on the stain and now when I carefully took the tape off, it's either that some of the stain came with it or that the tape left some sort of discoloration on the treads. :( I don't know what to do. Just poly them and hope it will darken up?? Or restain where it is discolored. I would never have thought tape could remove stain! And some of the white paint did bleed around where I taped, but I don't think there is any way around that. Is there a better way to do this that I am just not seeing???

Here are a couple of other pics of projects going on...

We have no cabinets above our fridge and couldn't find any that matched our current doors, so dh decided to use the scrap wood in the garage and make a wine rack. It is looking so nice! He just has to finish the back piece of lattice and add crown to the top. Then I have to prime and paint. Would you add crown to the top of the original cabinets as well??

Tile is down in the laundry room after a lot of trouble (and water). We still have to put the last piece of wainscott and trim up on the wall next to the door. I was originally going to repaint the room green, but now with the golden colors in the tile I don't know if I should. Do you think it looks nice as is, or would you go green?? And I still have to come up with something for that plain door. Paint it a color, hang something on it, I don't know. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County