SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bookjunky4life

Some of my latest projects

bookjunky4life
8 years ago

First, my DIY koi pond/container pond project. First I cut the lid off this cattle molasses holder 2 feet deep by six foot diameter. However when I filled it with water, the bottom stress cracked in four places and I have been unsuccessful at patching them.

Pallet fence I made to hide the road view of my pond. I may paint the front, haven't decided.

Cool plastic wheels that the cows licked the molasses out of the lid of the tub with. Friend thought of making a wheel water feature with one.

A slightly smaller tub that had a big crack in it, so I cut that part out, turned it over, and made a temporary shelter for my ducks.

Round 2 for trying ot make the koi pond. 275 gallon ibc tote. flipped over in its cage, using the previously bottom drain pipe as an overflow waterfall into another tote. Both will be buried to some degree but only a foot or two. Leaving them in the cages for structural integrity.

Top cut out. I'm getting much better at cutting straighter with the saw-zall (spelling). I'd have used my skill saw which is easier to handle but its currently out of commission. Cleaning the Vitamin E oil out of this thing today should be a chore. Trying DAWN and a power washer.

Comments (18)