SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

Vitamix-I had no idea--wow!

sleeperblues
10 years ago

Just bought one, and I cannot believe what this thing can do. I thought it was just a blender. It is way more than that! You can even make soup in it, comes out almost scalding from what I hear. You just run the motor for about 4 minutes and there is so much heat generated by the motor you have hot soup in 4 minutes. You can also make ice cream in less than a minute, smoothies, frozen drinks, chop hard and soft veggies, make coleslaw, hummus and pesto and on and on. You can make bread totally from scratch--it grinds the berries and then kneads the dough after you put in the yeast etc. Also, home made nut butters. I cannot wait to experiment. Best thing is, it is made comletely in the USA, and has a 7 year warranty.

I know this sounds like an infomercial, but I am totally amazed. I had some frozen bananas and made banana ice cream this morning, my only thing I have tried yet. I bought it primarily to make green smoothies, so I need to make my daily greenie yet.

Wondering if anyone has one, and what recipes they have tried. I'm sure there is way more that this thing can do, I haven't even had time to explore the website.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath