SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gingertn

Heartache. Changes.

gingertn
15 years ago

Haven't been around much, sometimes I lurk, but I've had a lot going on, been babysitting for a friend this spring etc. Now I'm coming to you all to vent and ask for many many good thoughts. After a really rough marriage, Larry and I are getting a divorce. We will attempt mediation at the end of this month, but I'm afraid we'll end up going through with lawyers in order to get all the truth out. I am very sad for my son, I never wanted this for him. I know we'll all be fine eventually but right now it really sucks. I have been out of the workforce for almost 3 years now and am terrified that I won't be able to find a job that will be flexible enough/pay enough so that we won't be struggling and never spending any time together. We've been so lucky to spend so much time together up until now, I am thankful for that.

I am looking at Pharmaceutical Sales as my first choice, but am told it's very hard to get into, especially if you don't know someone. I am going to St. Louis next Wednesday for an open interview w/ a drug co. so please, think of me between 9 and 2 on the 21st. The reason it would be such a great job for me is the flexibility and salary/benefits. Plus it would be closer to my family, I have a sister just outside of St. Louis, and I'd be only 3 hrs from my parents and other sisters. And Lydia I'd be close to you too! However, since I feel that's probably a long shot, I am also applying to a radiology program that would start in October. And I have a degree in Arch. Drafting/Design, that I'm sending out resumes for as well. I know I will find something, but this is really heartwrenching. I can't stand it.

I am really going to need a miracle next Wednesday, please send all the positive energy you can muster my way. Thanks KT.

ginger

Comments (39)