SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rthummer

uh, oh... wait til daddy gets home!!

rthummer
14 years ago

My nephew told me the funniest story on the phone last night about his oldest daughter. I am still smiling about it especially when I think of my niece Diana and how "sociable" she is. LOL.

Diana is 14 years old and was home after school waiting for her mom and dad to get home from work. She was with her brother James who is 12. My nephews wifes mom and dad live next door. They are Big kids now, and she is finding out that not being babysat with grandma has certain responsibilities, LOL.

Anyway, Diana calls her dad at work asking if she can go over to one of her best friends house. Her dad told her that he would be home in less than 20 min. and he would check her homework, chores, and then he would take her over to her friends house, if everything looked good. She started the whinny thing, and ask him why, why... Then he got firm with her and he said for-

#1. You are NOT GOING to walk down our road cross #### highway, then walk down #### highway!

#2. School work comes first, and you know I always check that first, except on days when you have extra school, or extra activities.

#3. You are not leaving James alone, just as you are not left alone, Period.

They both left the conversation, and he told her he would come home as soon as he could and to hang tight.

Well, a little while later he said he realized he had a text. He read it and it said, "Can't come over, my daddy's being an ass right now."

So, he text her right back, "Could someone be in trouble about this time?"

She text him, "For what?"

He text her, "Texting the wrong ass."

Silence.....

He gets home and she and her homework were laid out on the table with a glass of sweet tea and a ham sandwich on the table for him. Oh, with lettuce AND tomato...yep, she is learning early...the way to a mans' heart is through his stomach...She was so full of I am sorrys', tears, etc. etc.

He talked to her about her language, as they do not use that kind of language in their home, but he told her that he could understand her being upset and she had a right to her feelings, but they would learn a better vocabulary word, and together that nite that is what they did. I ask him what the word was, and he said they both liked schmoo.

(can you guess my nephews' occupation?LOL)

Comments (11)