SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brentr_gw

polaris d'light vs color glo led vs intellibrite vs colorlogic 4.

brentr_gw
14 years ago

Hi all, after quite some lurking we built our pool from many suggestions and even posted pics on this blog site for help (Our New Pool Build in Jacksonville, FL). We did a NO-NO due to our inexperience (and against our PB's recommendations) and placed our pool light facing the house. We placed it under our sheer decent as we wanted it lighted up at night. It works well when the sheer decent is running however the gare is very bothersome when we turn off the sheer decent. I have put in a dimmer switch and added colored lenses but I am still not very happy. The light is a Pentair # 78928500, R-40 120v 300w light.

We are considering changing out the light bulb to a Color Glo LED or Polaris D'Light or replacing the light with an IntelliBrite or ColorLogic 4.0. We would appreciated all suggestions. The object is the least expensive way to cut down on the glare (without having to add another light on the opposite side of the pool) Please to all that have these lights in your pool, Would you send me pics of your lights, include the make and model number of your light, taking the pic directly facing the camera at the light so that I can compare the glare from the light? Our email address is vat-19@juno.com ( I am not sure if the email system works on this forum)

Thanks in advance for all suggestions and pics.

Comments (4)