SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whichstonetopick

What Color Roof - Pale Yellow Siding & Brick

WhichStonetoPick
11 years ago

You may recognize my house because I recently posted another question about which color cultured stone to replace the brick with. Well, not many people were fans of the stone mock-up pictures I posted, so I'm starting all over and will keep the brick and work with it.

Bottom line is I need a new roof! I'm having a hard time choosing a color to match my reddish-brown brick, pale yellow siding and dark brown trim. I'm willing to change the trim, gutters and door to a taupish color to make something work. It would be more costly to change the siding so I would prefer to keep it. The house may appear small in the photo, but I have a half dormer in the back, so the sides and back are much higher.

I did lot of mock-ups of my house using GAF and Owens Corning roof colors. So far I'm leaning towards Weathered Wood because it seems to have some yellow tones in it to pick up the siding and grout in the brick. But other times I see it as a greenish or grayish tone. I'm hoping for more light, warm brown with yellow accents. Not sure how this will work. Also, I noticed the Weathered Wood 30-year HD shingles are totally different than the Natural Shadow shingles. No sure which would be better if I go with this color.

I also like Owen Cornings Amber because it seems to have all the colors in the bricks of my steps and retaining wall along the driveway (taupe, tan, light gray). But I don't know if it will be too light for a roof. Here's a link: http://roofing.owenscorning.com/images/shingles/zoom/tdd-amber.jpg

What do you think and suggest would go with the siding and brick? I see houses with a very soft, warm brown color with yellowish tones, but I can't figure out what color it is. I think the brighter browns like Shakewood or Frosted Oak are too harsh looking.

I will try to post a better picture of my house that shows more, but for now here's an older picture. I'm anxious to start getting opinions.

This picture was taken in the Fall and has darker flowers. I will be adding brighter summer flowers. People on other forums keep saying my house looks like an old English Cottage or Tudor. But I don't see it like that. I added vertical siding to make it look more modern and I have a lot of unique decorative bushes like pom poms, spirals, etc. that aren't showing in the photo along the left side and in front of the window. The bush under the address is much nicer in person and was actually the most expensive at approximately $600!!

{{!gwi}}

I can't figure out a way to save the mock-ups I did. It seems to be just saved on their site's project folder.

This is the only picture of could save which is very small. It's Barkwood (too dark?) with a lighter trim.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH