SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittone2

Roof color for light yellow siding and blue shutters

brittone2
12 years ago

Hi there-

We are in the midst of picking shingle color for our new roof. We currently live in a pretty typical colonial with light yellow siding and blue shutters.

I have an old GW thread saved with a few photoshop mockups of a house that has similar siding color to mine.

If you scroll to the bottom of that (long) thread, the siding color and shutter color are very close to what I have, although my house's front elevation is a little different (no overhanging lower roof, and we have a room built out of the side of the house visible from the front.

Our roofing contractor quoted the GAF Timberline shingles (3d/architectural type). I'm trying to decide on something lighter gray, darker gray, or something with more brown in it. Oyster Gray, Pewter Gray, or weatherwood. GC suggested pewter or weatherwood.

Any thoughts on what would work best w/ that color combo? We need to make a selection by monday. Thanks for the help, from a mostly-lurker, sometimes poster :)

Here is a link that might be useful: scroll down to bottom of thread, similar color scheme to our house

Comments (24)