SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gidget1963_gw

Should I broker house myself or list with an Agent

gidget1963
16 years ago

Market is dead in my area. There are no buyers. Should I list my house with an Agent and pay the 5% commission or should I put the house up on MLS as my own broker and pay a 3% commission. I have a broker license so I can list house on MLS but I am not active in Real Estate. Additionally, I am not in the area. For the 5% commission, Agent will put house on MLS; hold 1 open house; make a brochure for the office; do a virtual tour and advertise 1-2 times in local paper. The house is historic and Agent suggests pricing it to where any house will sell. As market is dead, Agent feels pricing should be what majority of people are paying ie. subdivision house with 1/2 square footage of mine. I just don't think I am getting that much for the 5% commission and am wondering if I shouldn't promote the house myself if the market is all about price and has nothing to do with what makes my house special. ie. a house is a house is a house. Doesn't matter if mine is mechanically updated or in a more cental location, etc.. So what do you think. Should I list it myself in a dead market or hope that the Agent can reel someone in. Thanks Gidget

Comments (3)