SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
solie_gw

what info should a broker provide?

solie
17 years ago

I spoke with a broker regarding a specific vacation home listing. I explained to him that we were in the very begining stages of looking around, but that this particular home had caught my eye.

He started in with his sales pitch about appreciation and I politely redirected him with questions about the property's rental income. He gave me guessimates for gross and net annual rents and said he would send me a detailed package.

I just got the "detailed package" and it's nothing but a list of available homes (less info than I can find in five minutes on the internet) and general rah-rah I'm a great broker nonsense. Absolutely ZERO specific info on the home I was interested in. And no info on rents.

I thought I would be getting a list of weeks rented and rents for the particular property, pricing structure for local management companies, and vacancy rates for the resort as a whole (or some indication of general rental market conditions), as well as an explaination of how aggressive the current owners have been in courting rental income.

I do't expect him to spend much time on us at this point, but I would have thought that most of these things would be available at the touch of a button.

Is rental history considered classified or something? Or is this guy just not taking me seriously?

Comments (21)