SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

CL spindle table...which place looks best?

User
15 years ago

Here's my craigslist table. Not quiet what i imagined. When the lady was saying spindles i was thinking more "twists". Was told it's antique but peope use that word so flippantly. Don't know that it's worth anything. Definitely hand made, real wood and very old. Not real sturdy. Looks like it was repaired several times. I considered painting and glazing it but don't think i'd even attempt it now. The bottom shelf i'd say wasn't originally there because of the detail on the bottom sides. It can be removed but I think i like it better on. Has a drawer in the front. I think it would look better with some type of pull. The drawer is also split inside. Once i got the HUGE dust bunnies off the bottom and busted out the old english it looks much better. Now the question is where to put it?

*notes: these pics show it before i cleaned it up. jumped the gun a bit. walls will eventually all be painted

OPT 1 (in LR) like how the wood matches the other pieces in my LR but eventually want to get something with storage. like a bombay chest

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

OPT 2 (Foyer) i currently have it here because the entrance is so bare.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

OPT 3 (Corner From Foyer/Entrance)

DH liked it here best. I think it fits nice in the corner but i have the oak railing that leads down to the basement right beside it. Not sure why i went with oak for the railing but i'm stuck with it now. I know they say your woods don't have to be matchy matchy but this definitely isn't. I consider the foyer a "separate area" so it didn't bother me as much there.

This is the only pic i have of the railing. it's a short section. maybe 5'. The boys are always in my pics!

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

shows the view into the LR

{{!gwi}}

Comments (17)