SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

jc penny - moss, vintage gold, sage..pics anyone

User
15 years ago

ok..i can't believe i'm posting this....

i keep thinking about my curtains. Graywings is right about there being a way/order to go about decorating. *sigh* I think i like the style but it's the color that's not working. They really just look bad on pics. Lighting really seems to play a role with them. I'm assuming more because of the material.

Does anyone have pics of the JC Penny drapes in MOSS green or VINTAGE gold. or SAGE. I think the sage would be too light though. Think that's the problem I'm having with the ones i have up. I ordered them online (ebay) without seeing first. Also when i have the main ceiling light on in the LR the panels actually look a different color than the valance. I should probably head my butt up to JC Penny and look at the curtains. I actually get lots of compliments on the ones i have up but overall i don't think they're working for me. Not sure if it's the negatives i got towards them on here or if i really just don't like them anymore. Again, i think it's the color. I was given the suggestion to raise up the valance but haven't had the help or time to do that yet.

{{gwi:1691490}}

With the memorial day sales going on I'm actually considering buying new curtains. DH isn't aware of this yet....

probably going to go with green in the LR for paint. Should i go ahead and buy new curtains or just wait until i paint. I won't be painting probably until the winter months.

Another issue - do i really need to raise the curtain rod way up? I could buy the 96" length but i want to keep the sheers underneath and they're 83". don't really feel like buying new ones of those too.

each panel is 40" wide. they will always be open. my window is 100" one set of the curtains will be enough for the window?

If anyone has another type or color of curtain suggestion please speak up!

As always, thanks in advance.

Alisha

Here is a link that might be useful: Supreme Antique Satin Back-tab Thermal

Comments (52)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!