SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meowracer

To anyone frustrated with pool process - read this!

meowracer
16 years ago

We had our pool dug the first week of April. As you know, this is now September. The interior finish, a pebble finish, was messed up from the beginning and needed to be redone so we waited until August, the week we would be on vacation. It was drained, chipped out only 10" below the waterline, and replastered/pebbled. I never saw the results of that, but heard it was terrible. It was completely chipped out this time and redone again. This time was worse than the original finish. For the 4th time, we have switched pebble products to the one we originally wanted anyway (pool builder talked us into a new "better" one.) The problem was our black pool was about 1/2 grey where the pebbles had washed away. The company who did the pebble jobs the first 3 times chipped it out again. Our beautiful glass tile is also mostly chipped, something we will have to live with for a lot of them (the worst are marked with the blue tape.) Our plants are sitting out of the way, some of the ones behind the wall are dying and covered in white from all of the mess, and being trampled although I have no idea why they were back there and if they had to be back there, why they didn't use the stone walkway!. Even worse are the plants along the side of the driveway and one of the front beds, neither of these areas anywhere near the pool but the idiots working chose to pour their dirty white water with who-knows-what chemicals on the plants in these places. The plants are now white, some are looking sick, and a terra cotta pot is literally covered in what is now like cement. To add to it, they dumped the white stuff in our neighbor's yard as well. Also washed our river rocks on part of a walkay down the driveway away, and even uprooted a plant. They took two hose sprayers as well as a brass Y connector from our backyard - the thing that makes one faucet able to accommodate two hoses. And they used our muriatic acid to acid wash the pool. We are now waiting for the other company to come out and redo the steps and much of the walls because they are such a mess (huge chunks of the steps were jackhammered out and the walls have to be built back out), the tile guy needs to replace tiles and regrout the entire waterline since the old pebble product goes up the grout lines, then the pebblesheen will come. The new company will not allow the toe tiles though, and I am bummed about that. And they were supposed to be out last week, promised we would be swimming by the weekend, and we've got nothing but some rainwater from the end of last week.

As far as our deck and coping, the guy who made it (it is cast stone) has disappeared. They used 3 different colors of grout, made terrible cuts along the garage wall when they replaced the stones where the water was standing - would have rather had standing water than these cuts that are off anywhere from 1/3" to an inch, and grouted with a grey about 3 shades darker than the surrounding grout. Now the stones are starting to come loose - they have that hollow sound. We have 3 spare pieces.

We swam for a month, and much of that time it rained but at least we could enjoy our yard. It has been empty since 8-13. We can't even enjoy sitting out there - too depressing! The the back part of the yard, that we worked so hard on ourselves, has been messed up but we won't do any work until the workers are finally here and finished! I am so tired of workers. It is not pleasant to look at a concrete hole in the ground, but I feel better venting a little and maybe it will help other people just be thankful that they aren't having these issues!

I don't remember how to do the photobucket but here is a link to a web album, showing what was, and is now. I've posted before about the problems with the pebbles not being consistent so I'll spare you those pictures, as well as our now white side yard.

http://picasaweb.google.com/meowracer1/200709CurrentPool?authkey=-s5E0hHgiuw

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH