SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kahlanne_gw

I painted my table...now what

kahlanne
15 years ago

Other than clean up the mess. LOL!

After all of you suggested black as the color for the damaged top of the $25 yardsale table, I gave it a go. I love the end result. I did distress it somewhat to go with my black chairs more.

Dh even likes it but isn't sure that it "goes" with the church pew. I love my church pew but am willing to change the color it it will help. The idea of the church pew came into play because we need to "sit" many kids in a small space and honestly it works perfectly! Chairs just take up too much room. Plus, this pew is actually very comfortable! I prefer it over the chairs. I was hoping the curves in the arms/back of the pew would tie in with the curves in the legs and shape of the table. Plus it too is distressed, not by me though. Like I said, I love the tealish blue color but would happily change it if you think something else would work better. I worry black will be too imposing???? Would it be better to accessorize it with a cushion/pillow or maybe accessorize the table with teal runner/placemats? I looked online and the only pillows/table linens I can find with teal have browns in them rather than black. Matter of fact, I found one that has buttercream, teal, brown, and olive. I was hoping to paint my cabinets buttercream and the walls olive so this may work. Opinions? Btw, you can't tell in the pic but the window actually has a bamboo blind that picks up the table colors.

Comments (21)