SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mandogirl

What's a 2nd bathroom worth to you?

mandogirl
16 years ago

Hi, all. I'm interested in your opinions. We are going to list our house with our realtor soon. Our house is a 1920's house on a street of the same, all with the same basic floor-plan: 3 bedrooms, 1 bath. Except ours has 2 full baths on the 2nd floor, one a master bath. Ours is the only house with 2 full 2nd-floor baths. Otherwise the condition of our house is pretty much the same as others that have sold recently. By the way, even with the state of the market these days, our street has continued to sell well. The last two that sold (in the fall) sold within 2 weeks for close to their asking prices. The less nice of the two that sold got 5K below their asking price (the sold price has not appeared in the paper yet and is not available to the general public unless someone's realtor finds out...my realtor found out what it was and told me). We are thinking of asking 4K above what they asked, which would be 9K above what they got. Does that sound reasonable given that we have a 2nd bath? (Our house is also better situated on the street.)

Thanks for any opinions.

- mando

Comments (12)