SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jasdip1

Your prayers and good thoughts helped Wally....

Jasdip
14 years ago

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was a loongg, and very stressful day. My step-father got his bladder, prostrate and lymph glands removed. His bladder was loaded with cancer. He is now fitted with a ustomy bag.

He was to be at the hospital at 6 am for an 8am surgery that lasted 5 hours. The doctor came out at 12:50 pm and said everything went beautifully and that Wally is in remarkable shape. He didn't even need to go to ICU, but went right into the recovery room.

That's where things went wrong. We kept on asking at the desk if he was assigned a room yet, and 6 and 1/2 hours later he was finally taken to a room!!!! I did grab a fellow who looked like he knew what he was doing and asked what the delay was.

He said Wally had respiratory problems and is still sleeping and they are monitoring him and can give him extra pain meds. He said that Wally woke up in a lot of pain. Well we didn't like that! We were worried sick.

Turns out, when we went in to see Wally (he was awake and talking, which we didn't expect) that he wasn't in a lot of pain, but they accidentally gave him too much morphine, and they were making sure he didn't go into overdose mode, and waking him up regularly and monitoring till he vitals got stable.

Anyway, I'm sure he'll feel the pain today, he was still high last nite, quite funny, hearing him slur his words, and now we march on and get him on the road to recovery and make his transition to wearing a bag as effortless as possible.

So thanks again to you all....

Comments (5)