SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nccmama_gw

Daisy or other cat people-- litter box question

nccmama
16 years ago

Well, anyone can give input, but Daisyadair always has such good sense advice--- and 5 (I think) cats, so please give me your opinion. :)

Are you, or is anyone, familiar with the CatGenie litterbox?

http://www.catgenie.com/

After some remodeling, I need to come up with a good catbox solution. I don't have a basement, my laundry room is very small, I don't have an unused bathroom, and I'm afraid that I'm not a fastidious scooper. I had the box in the upstairs loft area under a table, which worked fairly well, I guess. But after ripping out the carpet and installing hardwood, I just don't want to take a chance on putting the box back on the new floor. The cat has some kidney issues and has peed on the floor before. Plus, she is messy with the litter and often scatters it outside of the box. So, for now, the box is in the kids' bathroom, which is not a long term solution.

While Googling cat box, I hit on an ad for CatGenie. It looks interesting. I think that I could put it in the laundry room if it had a dome (optional accessory) and since it gets "self-cleaned" every day, smell should not be an issue. But, it sure is different from a traditional litterbox! Any thoughts on this or other ideas? Thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County