SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Cat litter box - what room?

lyfia
4 years ago

Our architect finally has our site survey and we are waiting on soil samples to be finished and then design will commence. I've thought through generally our wishlist, but realized as I was cleaning the litter box that I forgot to think about where to put the litter box. Right now it is in our combo mud/laundry room, but my wish is to have these separate in the new house.

Where do you have your litter box? Do you like it there or where would you recommend to put it?

Everybody always says to me they never notice the litter box and any smells when visiting as I always bring up we need to move the cats before trying to sell. I'm pretty anal about cleaning it so smell is rare except a "fresh" one.

Laundry would make it easy as I like to wash my hands after cleaning it and before touching anything else. However, I dislike it there currently due to the litter tracking - we have a litter mat which has helped a lot, but there is still some.

Mudroom makes sense from the standpoint that there is always some gravel/dirt there anyways so some litter tracking will just be cleaned along with the other gravel/dirt we track in daily. However no sink and there is the potential for smell. Most people enter through our mudroom now so I don't expect that to change.

Would another room be better?

Yeah I know this is very much a first world problem, but I do want it easy and convenient for me cleaning it and also for taking out the "dirt".

Comments (26)