SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samkaren_gw

What a Horrible Friday Night!

samkaren
14 years ago

What a weekend! Saturday and Sunday were fine but Friday night was a disaster. Friday was the schoolÂs graduation and our award ceremony. Our ceremony went very well but it was after that things went downhill. I normally get off work at 4:30 but had to help out at the ceremony.

DH dropped me off at work in the morning and said he was going shopping and going home. I told him I wouldnÂt get off work until 5:45 and to pick me up then. Well, at 5:45 I went outside andÂno DH.

At 6:00 pm I called him on the cell phone and he said that he was stuck on the interstate in the storm and wouldnÂt get to my work for another hour. (He went to visit his brother and thought he would get back on time). So I told him I would wait here for him. At 7:15 I went outside and Â.No DH.

I called him again and said "where are you"?? He was REALLY mad and said he was now stuck in downtown Chicago. Because of the storm he got off the interstate and then got on the wrong ramp and somehow ended up downtown (and DH HATES downtown Chicago). He then said he was 3 hours away. Well I was mad but said I would get home somehow. Luckily the graduation ceremony had just ended and when I told our Dean what happened I had several offers to drive me home. One of the counselors said he would take me home with no problem. SoÂ.our counselor drives me home and after he pulled away it was then I discovered I was locked out of the house. I left my house keys in the truck.

So here I was cold, tired and mad at my husband. So I decided that since we were getting new doors installed on Saturday that I was just going to bust in one of the doors. I went across the street to our neighbors and I asked him to bring over his saber saw and cut a hole in the door. Once he did that we unlocked the door and I finally got into the house at 8:30. I then called DH and told him I was in the house and he said he was still on the road. I waited up for him and he finally got home at 1:00 am. WHAT A NIGHT!

Saturday the guy came to install our new doors and wondered why there was a big hole in our garage door. I just told him "this is what happens when I get locked out of the house." At least that will never happen again. We now have new locks with extra keys.

SamKaren

Your resident DJ

Comments (12)