SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sumnerfan

Paradise Lost (actually delayed)

sumnerfan
13 years ago

*sigh* I had such high hopes. My remodel went so quickly and smoothly in the beginning. I thought I might be one of the few (we lucky few) that would avoid the project dragging out into oblivion. Then Murphy intervened. We couldn't afford the granite countertops hubby initially wanted, which meant I got the wood countertops I REALLY wanted. As some of you might remember, we had decided to go with Ikea for budgetary reasons. Those countertops were not available in our area indefinitely. Finally we settled on Lumber Liquidator cherry butcherblock. We called. We ordered. They'd be in Memphis in about two weeks. Not the ideal situation, but I could deal with it. Now there is a monsoon in the South. My countertops are in, but between the rain and my paramedic hubby's work schedule it seems as though we will never be able to go and pick up my countertops. Grrrr. So now it will probably be another week before we can even go and pick up the counters, then it will take a week to finish them, then we will have to set up a time when my installer will be available to come install the counters, sink, and fix some things that aren't right (Ex. water is hooked up backward).

I know I'm whining, but I need to talk to someone about it. If I say anything to Hubby then I sound ungrateful for all the sacrifices he has made to make this remodel possible. My family and friends are sick of hearing me talk about my kitchen. You all are literally the only people I can vent to about this situation. DH doesn't want to install the dw until counters go in. My current counters are my old cabinet doors, a random piece of plywood, and some 2x4s. It's very hard to work on because it's so uneven and a little gross. I've tried cleaning them, but it doesn't seem to help much. So I don't cook like I want to, meals are rudimentary, simplistic, and seriously lacking in veggies. My dining room and sunroom are cluttered with kitchen items I can't put away in my new kitchen. I'm tired of hand washing dishes, I'm tired of balancing my plate on my knees to eat, I'm tired of not really being able to work in my new (incomplete) kitchen. I just want things to be normal again. I want to sit down to dinner with my family; I want my things back where they belong, and I want freakin' Nova lighting to contact me for once about my perpetually backordered fan instead of me calling them each and every week and getting the run around. Compared to what some of you are dealing with, this is nothing. But the remodel coupled with the end of the school year are wearing on me.

Thanks for listening and allowing me to air my feelings in a safe place. If you don't have anything nice to say, then just please don't. I just can't take it right now.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!