SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
skrepka_gw

About to make an offer, please advise

skrepka
16 years ago

Hello everyone.

We are first time homebuyers.

Past Saturday, we went with out realtor to look at some houses and we saw one that we really liked. We are considering making an offer on it.

We have asked our realtor to go back there next Saturday for a second look.

However, I just found out that there is going to be an open house there on Sunday.

My bigest fear is to be in a multiple bid situation. So, I just spoke with our realtor about a posibility to go back for the second look on Thursday instead of Saturday. I am waiting for her to call us back to let know if we can see the house on Thursday.

Anyway, my question is, if we put in an offer on Thursday, do you think the owner will be willing to negotiate with us before the open house?

Also, the house is listed at $429K. We were planning to offer $400 and then meet the owner in the middle. We can do full asking price but obviously prefer not to.

What are the suggestions? How much to offer? Should we offer on Thursday with 48 hours to respond? How would you recomment we proceed here? I will be speaking with our realtor more about it, but I want to have some info before hand so I can compare notes.

This is in Nassau county on Long Island, NY if it helps.

We will not have a selling contingency, and only inspection and financing.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Comments (20)