SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jockewing

Need to repaint the guest room

jockewing
12 years ago

I have a 3 bedroom house, but I live alone, so I use the master, and I turned one of the rooms into a library/office. The other room is for the rare guest or when my brother stays over to escape his crazy wife. That room was painted years ago in SW Jalapeno, which is, shall we say, a very intense burnt orange with a LRV of 17. Strangely, it really doesn't feel exceedingly dark in the room, and there isn't a lot of natural light. However, I have totally changed from the autumnal colors and am now really into light, airy, oceanic, diaphanous colors. The office room is Comfort Gray and I love it. I would paint this room that color as well, but there is the danger of blue overload in the house. Both rooms are right next to each other. There is a small hallway off the living room that leads to these 2 rooms and a bathroom. I have been wanting to try Revere Pewter forever and sampled it. I don't think it's light enough though. Should I try Edgecomb Gray? Any other recommendations? I want the room to be light, airy and very comfortable.

I'll post some pics after work today.

Comments (5)