SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubydoo67

Buyers counter to my Home Inspection counter

gardensgirl
17 years ago

So, I got their "counter" this a.m.

First, I got my HOA resale cert yesterday. The HOA put in their resale cert that I have 2 things out of code which the buyers want fixed:

1.) Right corner of outside step: put soil, or more concrete, in a big gap on the right corner of an outside step. Fine, I can dump some soil in there. This NOT the same as fixing the riser.

2.) Replace missing exhaust flaps at back of house. Fine, I can do that. No problem.

They agreed to forgo everything else except 2 biggies (in my eyes anyway).

a.) They want me to replace all the sprinkler heads in my townhome. I am NOT doing this. I have 30+ sprinkler heads and I don't even know if the freakin things work. Apparently they were recalled right when I bought my home (1999) and the claims replacement period was over in 2001. They can buy a fire extingisher or 2 with their $1k credit.

b.) The want the roof certified with a warranty. I have no problem with this, except that the roofer is not going to warranty the entire roof. He can't warranty someone elses work. He's only putting up missing shingles. I would assume he would warranty that, but not the whole roof.

So, this deal may go south on sprinkler heads of all things!! Oh well..........

Comments (23)