SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmariel_gw

Should I get a new agent?

gmariel
14 years ago

I have had my home on the market for 7.5 months now. We are in a townhome that most people in this area would consider a first time home buyer's home. I interviewed 3 agents before selecting one. I chose this agent based on a referral, familiarity with our neighborhood, she sold other homes in our subdivision, she had the shortest contract, the lowest commission and was up-front about the cost of selling a home.

Since the time we have listed I do not believe I have had more than 1 contact that was not initiated by me. Each time we speak she tells me, "I was just about to call you." We have only had about 20 showings in this time period and most of the feedback is positive, naturally there are those that don't like the layout, or location. There have been no offers. The agent thinks our price is right, we are priced tha lowest in our subdivision (aside from a water damaged forclosure) and nothing has sold since last August and that home sold in 6 weeks, and she was the listing agent.

When we signed she told me that we would speak 1-2 times per week and that I would be getting reports on how my listing was doing. I have not received any of these weekly check in calls and I just received my first report last month. I was suppose to meet with her this week and discuss painting my white walls another color (her suggestion) and she was a no call/no show.

As we near April 30th I can't help but wonder if I should switch agents. One last piece of information: I only signed a 3 month contract which expired in November, but she never asked me to re-sign.

I have never sold a home before so I could really use another perspective.

Comments (11)