SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my5kiddos

Mixing dining room chairs?

pinegrove
15 years ago

We moved into our house two years ago, and are finally getting to furnishing the dining room, which is open to the kitchen. The style leans toward modern farmhouse, with a twist of vintage.

We have 4 children, so need a big table. We would like one that sits 8. It seems as if the best thing for us to do is get a farm style table made to fit the space.

That leaves the question of chairs. We have school house style barstools which we love (both the look and the quality). It is possible for us to get the same style for dining room chairs. To avoid it looking too much like a restaurant, with so many matching chairs, I was planning on having the dining room chairs stained a darker color than the barstools.

To further personalize the space, I wanted to get arms chairs for the end of the table that are different from the farmhouse style chairs. Something a bit more formal, but not fancy, yet complimentary (a tall order...lol). The one style chair that I am drawn to is the High Back Windsor Chair.

Would you mix a farm house table, school house side chairs, and Winsdor High Back arm chairs?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Attached is a link to the style Windsor Chair I had in mind.

Thank you,

Kimberly

Here is a link that might be useful: High Back Windsor Chair

Comments (3)