SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolt924

Living and Dining Room Redo - Mixing Old and New

carolt924
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago

I have been planning a redo of my living and dining rooms for some time and have finally pulled the trigger and ordered a new sofa and chair for the living room along with fabric to reupholster my dining chairs and two cane accent chairs in my living room. Below is layout of living room and pictures of sofa, chair and fabrics I‘m using.

Living and Dining Roon · More Info

The gray areas on walls are entry ways except the largest which is actually a bay window. I am planning on having a roman shade for the dining room window and a seat cushion for the bay window in the fabric below.

Living and Dining Room · More Info

The sofa will not have the nailhead trim.

The chair will be upholstered in the navy fabric with antique brass nailheads and I am having two back pillows made, one in the floral and one in the geometric fabric.

The dining side chairs will be reupholstered in blue herringbone and the arm chairs in the floral.

My two cane chairs will also be upholstered in the herringbone and floral. The chair itself in the herringbone and the loose seat cushion in the floral. I plan keeping the round side table and etagere.

This project is a total makeover, new flooring, drapery, and lighting along with some new pieces to work well pieces I already have and would like to keep.

I spend a bit of time on Houzzz and enjoy reading everyone’s posts and comments and hope a few of you will take an interest in mine and join me on my journey. Sorry for the long post, enjoy the day!

Comments (5)