SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lavender_lass

New garden spaces, or maybe redoing old ones?

lavender_lass
14 years ago

Is anyone planning to put in a new garden, or re-do an existing garden? I know this has come up a lot lately, but I wondered how many of us are really doing it :)

I have one new garden I'm working on this year and I'm finishing two I started last year. The new one is the kitchen garden, which is ending up with a kids' area on one end. There's a veggie/herb/flower bed around the perimeter of the garden. Future plans are for a grape arbor over a seating area, but the space will be my nephew's garden this year...as I save up some money for the arbor (LOL)

The two I'm finishing are the front garden and the fairy garden. The front garden is going to be mainly hybrid musk roses (mostly thornless) with perennials, herbs, a few annuals and some bulbs in the front. I also have a little area nearby, where I'm putting a few old fashioned roses under a couple of small trees. They don't give off much shade, but they're hard to mow under, so I'm hoping the roses and a few other plants will fill in the area.

The fairy garden is coming along nicely. I started it last year, but have some new ideas to add to it this spring. I'm going to add a few Zephirine Drouhin roses over a small seating area, where the girls and I can drink "tea". (I'm guessing it will really be punch in the tea cups.) Also, I'm thinking if there's room, I'd like to have a couple of dwarf apple trees along the back of the garden, towards the side lawn. It would be fun to have some height across from the "tea" arbor.

Hope you'll share what gardens you plan to work on this year. I know some of you are planning new gardens. For those of you who have been debating about starting over...why not? Spring is the perfect time to think about new possibilities :)

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths