SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
oklamoni

I cut my pinky tip off, and ended up with "me time"(long)

OklaMoni
9 years ago

Didn't want to steal Rob333 post....

At work yesterday my knife slipped off some green bell pepper, and I cut the pinky finger tip off. A not so nice word escaped my mouth... LOL

Man, does that bleed!

Didn't really hurt, and I was mostly just plain mad at myself. (it is hard to type without using that pinky)

My hand shot up in the air, cause I hoped it would stop the bleeding. went over to the sink, knelt down and ran water over it. Well, it didn't want to stop bleeding. I put a paper towel over it, and put pressure on it. Went and got a bandaid. Knelt down again, and let a co-worker put the bandais on. I knew, I had to keep it higher than my heart to slow the bleeding.

Next I got myself a glove, and put it on, then the tighter fitting knit glove that is supposed to be cut proof... cause with just the plastic "one size fits no one glove" you just can't do much. and then I went back to chopping. Finished the peppers, chopped the onions, put the meat in the steamer and reached up to get a pen of the top shelf.

Now I felt blood running out my glove. YIKES! There is more to it!!!

Pulled the outer one off, and the plastic one was just about filled with blood. YIKES! Back to the sink and wash all off with running water.

Put pressure on the wound with a paper towel. My co-worker called the boss.

When she got back we filled out workers comp papers and she hauled me to the ER.

Sat around for a while there, got cleaned up again, bandaged and back to work.

Well, that hurt finger sure got in the way, and I ended up being driven home. Really wasn't the best day to ride my bike back, and it is still there.

Once home, I realized my daughter was home too (via facebook postings) and I asked her if she wanted to do something with her mom.

She came over after lunch. Wasn't here long before the mail came, and lucky me, my i pad mini got delivered. Yeah, here she was, and helped me set it up. Put apps on it too. Then while it was updating she helped me decide on some closet eliminations. We hauled quite a box to the donation center. Bought two more blinds for the other windows in the living room, and went out to eat.

I sure had an exciting and productive day.

I feel sore this morning, from the tetanus shot, and my finger is sore too. Just don't think there is a lot that I can accomplish at work holding that finger away. I am staying home today to heal some.

Moni

Comments (24)