SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidro1_gw

just spent 10 days in a typical kitchen

davidro1
13 years ago

I just spent ten days in a typical kitchen, in a new house I rented near skiing / vacation area. It was built about six months ago. Having read so many GW kitchen forum discussions, I was able to make sense of it. And I could critique everything.

Pro's:

all new, it all worked

compact layout

small island

deep fridge (finishing panels on both sides) and deep counter next to it

faucet with positive lock on spray: keeps the spray option if you pressed it earlier

DW had a 1,2,3 hour delay button

drawers full of utensils and devices some of which I had never come across before

lots of heating appliances: range, microwave, toaster oven, toaster, coffeemaker

bright lights over the kitchen sink, on a dimmer

Con's:

bright lights over the kitchen sink, too bright and too far away (in ceiling) so they shone into my eyes unless (wear visors? a baseball cap? not me)

no countertop lighting under the wall cabinets, so I had to turn up the kitchen overhead lights

fridge with freezer on top. Stoop a bit for everything. Stoop down low to get fresh stuff

faucet not practical (I'll explain later)

double sink with both bowls same size. When one bowl was too small, the other one was too

drains made a noise like drip drip drip in the P trap so I often stoppered them

aisle narrow to start with, + it turned and got narrower between the island and the fridge

Comments (3)