SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncrealestateguy

I feel like I have been left at the alter...

ncrealestateguy
15 years ago

I have been running my Intelliflo VF pump on manual since the pool start up... about 3 weeks. I finally gathered enough courage to try to program it yesterday. I even printed the thread from Poolgirl and RepairGuy to help me out.

First off:

the Intelliflo controls the filtering, sweep, and the spa, which is always spilling over (4 foot wide spillway), when in filter mode. The pool is 29,000 gallons, I want to turnover the pool in one cycle, I want to vacuum 4 hours every day. I have an Intellitouch with the indoor keypad. After programming the thing, I have several questions.

1. At full speed on manual, the pump was running at 2500 watts. I now have it to run from noon to 9pm, at 1250 watts, 2800 rpm, 46gpm. This seems to be as low as I can go, and still have the spa spillway look good. Does this mean that since it was running at 2500 watts, and is now at 1250 watts, that I am using half the power?

2. Is there anyway to go lower and have the spa spillway look nice without having to buy a dedicated pump for the spa?

3. I want to use feature 1 to tell the pump to kick into high speed when spa mode is actuated, but I can not figure how to do this.

4. I want to program feature 2 as the sweep to come on at a certain time for a certain gpm, and can not figure this out.

5. Does the pump programming override the indoor control panel, or does the control panel override the pump? The pump was supposed to come on this morning at noon, but did not. It seems like I have to use the controller to do this. Do I have to program the indoor controller too, or does the pump let it know what programs that I type in?

Like usual, the PB knows nothing about it. He just told me to leave it in manual. To their credit, A&S told me that if I wanted one, that I would be responsible for setting it up. They usually carry Jandy. To make things worse, all I have is a printed out version of the quick start guide from the Pentair web site.

Thanks for all of the help.

Comments (3)