SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maryanntx

I need possum help !!!!

maryanntx
16 years ago

I'm hoping Marilyn (or someone in the know) can help me.

About 2 weeks ago I was sitting at my computer when I saw something run into the hall and dining room. It was round and hairy and I thought it must be a hamster that might have escaped from the neighbors. I followed it into the kitchen where it slowed down enough that I could see it better. I realized it was a fat little possum! It ran behind the refrigerator. I went about my business and hoped that it would find it's way out the same way it had come in.

About a week later I saw it again running through the hall and this time it ran into the laundry room. Jammer said it probably would go out by the dryer vent. So I figured this time it was gone. Last night while we were eating dinner we saw it again. This time it ran from the kitchen to the bedroom. I grabbed the flashlight and started looking for the little guy. I looked in every nook and cranny and never saw where he had gone. We had thought that if we could find him we could throw a towel on top of him and roll it enough that we could carry him outside.

Well, a few minutes ago he ran from the kitchen to my bedroom and under the bed. I haven't looked to see if he's still there. *S* I'm not sure I could catch him myself anyway. I do want him outside!!! He is a fat little guy and I don't know what he's eating as I never leave any food out except a bowl of fruit on the kitchen counter and it hasn't been touched. And I haven't seen any of the normal signs anywhere in the house.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can safely get him outside?

Comments (19)