SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jalsy6

Oh my, sad backsplash story.

jalsy6
12 years ago

So we are all DIY here, and have been planning our venatino subway backsplash for months. Finally today dh and I virtually ignored our four kids and started our backsplash. Spent hours making all the necessary cuts, dry fitting the tiles, cutting the herringbone inlay for over the range...what a pain!

Tonight we were ready to actually put it up. All cuts done, measured three, no four times. Covered my soapstone diligently, and tucked the previously ignored kids snug in their beds. Out comes the adhesive, trowel, and spacers. And we're off!!

Until about three feet in we notice some bizarre staining on many of the tiles...strange. We stop, ponder what could be wrong, do some frantic research only to discover that we seem to be using the wrong adhesive, which is ruining my tile!

SCREECHING HALT!!!!!

sigh. Pull the tile down, cry as it gets thrown into a trash bag. Scrape the **** (insert expletive of choice) adhesive down. Cry again.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will go get more tile and try to figure out what the heck kind of glue to use so maybe someday my backsplash will be complete.

:)

Comments (9)