SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
azlee6574

1st floor layout - please give feedback (mainly kitchen)

azlee6574
13 years ago

I am working on remodeling my 1st floor. I could really use some feedback. I have been obsessing over this for ages. Just when I thought I was close to an end, I start doubting myself again.

I read a message about background information so let me try to give you as much as possible.

Young Family, 2 kids, 2 and 4. Perhaps a 3rd eventually. We plan on living here for 16 years or so not really worried about resale. Modern and contemporary style. We are indian so most cooking is done on the stove. Lots of spices. I don't cook that often, usually my nanny or husband. I do quite a bit cleaning. My kids are definetely messy. We have a ton of stuff to store in terms of food.

Things I am pretty sure I want:

french door fridge

Duraspreme shaker doors lyptus wood (napa with 3 in rails) in peppercorn, still debating cherry instead

some cambria countertop in minera

I want the stove wall to be very visually appealing. Debating either aluminim cabinet frames or glass flanking stove and on last cabinet.

Things I am worried about: dont have a landing spot for the micro/oven. It being around the corner from the walk way. Losing a 'pantry' for a cabinet pantry. I have no idea what to do with the floor but if it were the same into the family room I could extend the island.

Wondering: should I put a sink on the island? should I put cabinets on the wall next to the laundry room door.

Here is a link that might be useful: layout of the first floor

Comments (7)