SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alicia58801

Now, is this 'The One'? Layout feedback please (pics included)

alicia58801
15 years ago

Well, turns out the last layout I posted was not "The One", but it was close. IÂm truly hoping that this is "THE ONE"!

IÂve been working on tweaking the layout and getting a rough idea of materials with the help of rhome410, who has been amazingly generous with her time, skills, and knowledge. I am now looking for any opinions, advice, or general comments on my kitchen. Rhome has been gracious enough to provide me with several renderings, which I have posted for your perusal.

Planned details:

Perimeter cabs  natural knotty alder with laminate countertop

Island and hutch  maple with crimson stain (deep burgundy color) and butcher block countertops

There will be 8 ft. ceilings, loft over the kitchen. Door on other side of baking center is front door. Door next to message center leads to mudroom/laundry room (this door is actually a little farther down the wall). There is at least 42" clearance on all sides of the island.

IÂm hoping for a comfortable, warm, and friendly kitchen. Our entire house (new construction) will have a slightly rustic feel, and IÂm hoping to carry that into the kitchen.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Alicia

Comments (27)