SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_mack926

URGENT help w/ pool chemicals.. did we screw up our new pool?

mrs_mack926
15 years ago

We brought our 1st water sample to the pool company to be tested (we haven't put ANY chemicals into the water yet). They advised us we needed to ad PH Minus, alkalinity & water hardness treatment chemicals to the pool (several pounds of each). We were to add these chemicals over a 3 day period. So, my husband purchased everything we needed and asked at the pool store if we could add everything together.. to which they replied "yes".

Well, we added the first dose yesterday. We put all the chemicals into a bucket and they sort of frothed over (I suppose we should have been concerned, but we are new pool owners and they told us we could add them together). Anyhow, they were dumped into the pool and now we have had cloudy, whitish pool water for over 24 hours along with some sort of sediment all over the bottom & the steps (and the filter has been running non stop since yesterday)

When we called the company they said.. "oh no, you shouldn't have mixed all the chemicals together, we must have misunderstood what you asked.. just run the filter for 24 hours and you should be ok". We are freaking out that we've damaged the pool and they just won't tell us. Could we have damaged the plaster (it's a gunite pool) or even the plumbing?

Please share any thoughts or advice. We feel like we've just screwed up an enormous investment and I'm ready to cry!

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!