SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

thinking of the future-intentional communities

Susan
16 years ago

well my buyer backed out,so my home is still for sale. i know it will sell eventually,and in the meantime i'm doing my best to get settled in a rental so the house is always ready to show,,always clean,etc.

but while i used to be so excited about building on our land i'm now having serious doubts about it. my thinking now is that i'd be smart to find an intentional community where i can live independantly but with people who share a similar lifestyle. i realise that with the age difference between my husband and i,,i'm likely to be a sixty-five year old woman living alone on the farm.. that scares the heck out of me,frankly. and i don't want to just give up my farm lifestyle,either. i know there are a ton of golf communities,,i want one which focuses on equestrians and organic farming. anyone here familiar with such a community? have any experiences in any type of intentional community you care to share? hubby thinks i've lost my mind and want to join a commune,,,there is a difference,isn't there? my research shows that communes combine their finances,,i have zero interst in doing that! but i do like the idea of jointly owning a large tract of land which i couldn't afford otherwise. any thoughts?

i did post this on the retirement board,but it appears to have very little traffic comapred to this board.

p.s. future resale of my interest in such a farm will be a consideration,as well.

Comments (17)