SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
randita_gw

Need advice on curtain length

randita
15 years ago

I need to buy curtains for a room with three windows. Two of the windows need a 63" length curtain to reach the bottom of the sill and one needs only a 54" length curtain to reach the bottom of the sill. The two windows needing the longer length are on the front of the house and the one needing the shorter length is on the side of the house.

Would it look okay to have one of the curtains shorter than the other two, or would it look better to have them all the same 63" length? I know it would look the same from the outside of the house in either case, but just wonder what would look better inside the room.

For details, the room is a blue gray color, medium hue (SW Krypton) and I am planning to purchase ivory curtains. They will be pinch pleated curtains. It's a bedroom and the bedding is a print with colors of sage green, blue, and light yellow on an ivory background (Croscill Spa Leaf).

I have had floor length drapes in there for a long time, and was thinking sill length curtains would provide a fresher look this time around, but would appreciate opinions on whether floor length curtains would be the right choice.

Thanks for your opinion.

Comments (7)