SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mkkristen

New flooring when listing?

mkkristen
14 years ago

I've cross posted in the flooring forum, but want advice from some buyer/seller experts as well.

When we moved into this house almost 4 years ago, the floors in the front hall were atrocious 1970s tile and the kitchen was peel and stick vinyl tiles. The people that lived here had updated everything but the flooring. So we did Brazilian Cherry in the living room and dining room and a nice tile(I think ceramic) in the front hall and kitchen. Now 3 years later, several tiles are cracked and every time I look at the tile I want to scream(partially because the imbeciles who installed it were major screwups and never even finished the finish work.)

All that to say....there is a chance we will be putting the house on the market this spring. I am thinking we should replace the tile in the front hall and kitchen, but of course don't know what to do. I don't want wood because it will be hard to match the rooms next to it. I don't want to cheapen the house, so can I do vinyl? What should we do? We don't want to spend a lot, but don't want it to look cheap. Thanks!

Comments (7)