SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

Opinions needed on curtain panels...how many???

nutmegxo
12 years ago

Hey everyone - I have been missing in action on here lately busy with stuff around the house, etc. I have been on the hunt for curtains for my master bedroom...and I think I have found what I have been looking for!! I apologize for the poor lighting in the pics I am posting..I took these pics after work at around 4pm when there was plenty of sunlight outside but the lighting in my room is bad I guess so you might have to squint to really see details! LOL

I have only purchased one curtain panel so far because I had to order from an online store and I basically ordered just one so that I could see the color and feel of the fabric (swatches were not available). I am VERY happy with the curtain panel; it is truly what I had been searching for. I had my eye out for smocked curtains in a creamy ivory kind of color. I actually had bought similar smocked curtains from Country Curtains last week but have decided on returning them because the ones I bought were very sheer.

This smocked curtain panel is a in a color called "teastain" and the smocked blends beautifully into the lower part of the panel and is very full. Length is 84". It is sheer too but much more opaque than the ones from Country Curtains, and this one is made from cotton (while the CC one was made of voile).

My question is: Should I have one panel or two panels on each window?? I have taken pics of the one panel pulled all the way across the window and also showing it bunched to one side of the window. I kind of like how the smocking looks when it is pulled all the way across. This might be a total looney idea though. There are 3 windows in the room, 2 by the bed and one larger window in the sitting area. I realize the larger window will need 2 panels, but I am wondering if the windows by the bed should have 1 or 2.

This may be a completely crazy question because I am thinking you will all say that I need 2 per window but I know this is THE PLACE to get some good opinions and feedback. :) By the way, you may not be able to clearly see this because of the bad lighting in the pics, but I have 2 inch wood blinds on the windows for privacy and light control; the cutains are merely a decorative touch. (They can easily be slid on the rod if I need to open the window)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is a pic of the larger window

{{!gwi}}

Comments (14)