SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natural_one_gw

another quad de question.... repair guy?

natural_one
15 years ago

Ok, so the quad de I put on my personal pool was my first one I've used to date. I just got back in to town after being gone for a week and have time now to deal with an issue. My problem in summary is that I experienced a huge pressure drop after I charged the filter with de... the pressure drop is after the filter (water features and infloor). I only ran this filter pump for a brief period before charging it, but not long enough to damage the cartridges....but long enough to see the pressures at different rpms.

If I run the pump now at 3450 rpms (for example), I get nearly 14-16psi at my Caretaker 5port valve and 32psi on my filter gauge. I cant imagine I have to run my infloor at that high of a speed to get adequate pressure. I cleaned the cartridges today instead of backwashing as I wanted to take the filter apart anyways. While I had a very good de slurry mix that was fed through the skimmer at start up, it didnt seem as though the cartridges were coated as much as I thought they would be. I also have alot of loose DE in the bottom of the filter. Seems as though something inside the filter isnt funcioning properly and causing a restriction in the flow.

Its roughly 14k gallons

2.5" suction on skimmer and main drains (valved separately)

2" return

2" return to caretaker and 2" from each port to pool.

Ideas??

Im pretty confused... Thanks in advace for the help!

Comments (8)