SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
comkow_gw

QuadDE & No Backwash Valve

comkow
16 years ago

We met with our pool builder tonight to stake out our pool. Talked with him about the QuadDE and told him I did not want the backwash valve. He looked at me like I had 5 heads, maybe six. He asked me why? I told him I did not plan on cleaning it like a DE filter, but rather like a cartridge filter. He told me the mulitport is nice to have so I can drain my pool down when we might have excessive rains or when we close it in the fall. I had nothing else to add, expcet I wanted to say my GW Pool Forum friends say "No" to backwash valves, but since I am a novice here and really had no idea if what he was saying is true, I kept quiet. He told me to look into it further and he would do the same. I am obviously the first person he will be installing this for since it came to the market.

Can someone tell me exactly why a backwash valve is not needed and if I do need to drain my pool a bit how I would do that?? How do people who have sand or regular cartridge filters drain their pool down? I could just print this out and hand it to him.

Also, what seem to be the biggest faux-pas when installing the QuadDE's so I can avoid any isuues. I did read the one post about the installer putting DE in where the cartridges are. I would like to avoid that if possible.

Also, to avoid the pb thinking I have completely lost my mind I did not tell him I want 2.5in pipes on the suction side. What if I keep all my pipes at 2", does this make a huge difference??

Thx.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022