SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marklevinson1

Opinions on liner installation techniques

marklevinson1
16 years ago

Hi,

I have done a lot of research on liner installation and most of them involve tamping down the sand forming a cove and spreading out the liner as best you can with the idea that you will not be able to avoid footprints while you are in the pool. Some advice has been to use a shop vac to suck the liner to the walls and bottom to help avoid the wrinkles. There was only place I saw that differed in their advice and that was Arthers' pools. See link below.

Their suggestion is to put the top rails on first, then pull the liner over the rails and clip it on around the pool, start to fill with water and slowly start to lower the liner by removing one clip at a time, lowering the liner at that spot and replacing the clip. The idea being that the weight of the water and the sun will help stretch the liner into the pool. Then once the liner is situated and the water starts to fill up you would then remove 2 rails at a time and pull the liner over the top of the wall, secure it and replace the rails. I like this idea. Any downsides to it? I also wonder, to avoid footprints is it possible just to skip the tamping, smooth the sand level, get out of the pool and with the help of a couple of people somehow get the liner in place stretched over the rails without getting back into the pool to avoid footprints. I would think the weight of the water would then settle the sand down nicely as the pool fills. Your thoughts?

thanks,

Mark

Here is a link that might be useful: Liner installation instructions

Comment (1)