SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diclemeg

skimmer connection break in inground vinyl pool

diclemeg
14 years ago

I have a vinyl inground pool that has two Jacuzzi skimmers and no drain, and at the skimmer closest to the pump, it appears that at the skimmer connection to the suction line, has broken, actually snapped and displaced approx 1 cm.

Now I keep losing prime and pressure when the filter runs, and cannot vaccum longer than a few minutes until I lose pressure, but worst of all, red dirt keeps going into the pool.

I think the concrete on top goes four inches or so. If I dig out the side, down to the connection, can I access it? Or is the connection primarily encased in concrete ? I bought this house and with the existing pool and am not familiar with the pool structure. I thought about simply epoxying it, accessing it from the top of the skimmer, but this won't work b/c I dont think I could get and reach the inner displaced radius.

I want to dig and fix it but before I do, can someone explain to me what the connection is sitting in (I presume red dirt or fill, because that is what is getting put back in), and if it is accessible. And... what should I use to fix it, such as the new flex pipe and what type of epoxy. THANK YOU.

Comments (5)