SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laughing_rabbit

Rabbits and selling?

laughing_rabbit
14 years ago

Hi all, there are lots of suggestions for what to do with cats and dogs while selling, but I'm not sure what to do with our two house rabbits!

They're currently in two wire-and-electrical-ties "bunny condos" that take up about 1/3 of one of the downstairs bedrooms (one cage is 4'x3', the other 4'x2', both are about 2' high). I'm concerned these structures are going to be too big for potential buyers to see past. I'm thinking of temporarily downsizing them to a pair of those wire dog kennels while we sell, but is the mere fact there are bunnies in the bedroom going to deter people? Should we move them to a non-bedroom?

Also, while I'm religious about cleaning out their litterboxes and keeping their cages swept, and the carpet is not stained or smelly, there's always a faint hay smell in that room. I think it's kind of nice, actually, but will it turn off potential buyers?

Probably I'm worried about nothing, but I love the little guys and don't want to be stressing them out any more than I can help it! Any suggestions/advice?

Comments (17)