SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gena_hooper

Help me think through countertop/sink/water issues??

Gena Hooper
14 years ago

Need some helping brains here. Mine has quit and is basically spinning in place.

I want antique heart pine counters on the range and sink runs, but I'm very afraid of water damage. I know some of you've had no issues, but...well...I'm still anxious enough to give up on this idea because of my family of splashers. This may be an aesthetics versus function battle. I could always do antique heart pine floors.

So what about these alternatives?

1. 3" Soapstone surround plus 30" soapstone sink on 36" base cab. Aligns under window. Wood elsewhere on range/sink runs. Soapstone on fridge run.

2. White solid surface surround plus white cast iron or fireclay sink. Wood elsewhere on range/sink runs. Soapstone on fridge wall. Would the white quartz blend in with the sink and just look like one integrated piece?

3. Give up wood counters entirely. Marble on range/sink runs. Soapstone on fridge wall. I know. Marble/soapstone kitchen. But it's purty!!! And I can deal with etching. Not warping or rot.

4. Stainless surround with stainless sink. Wood on other parts of range/sink runs. Soapstone on fridge run. I'll probably have a sheet of stainless (with hanging utensils) as my range backsplash.

5. Tear out hair. Run screaming flailing arms. Drink copious amounts of wine.

6. ???

My original thought was to do soapstone everywhere, but with my moss green base cabs, I think the space will be too dark and heavy-feeling. It's a narrow, long space (10x21) with quite a few windows.

Comments (9)