SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
backinthesaddle

The counter(s) I chose is/are right for ME because...

backinthesaddle
16 years ago

I love them all for different reasons. If weÂd been able to squeeze a free-standing island in the kitchen, I probably would have gone with a really wild granite for that. Soapstone is a must have for me around the stove, marble would look great on the quasi butlerÂs pantry we are installing in the kitchen eating area now and then I think Quartz or Corian is the perfect choice around the sink. Laminate would be best for the eat-at peninsula until the kids leave for college but it connects to the range wall, where IÂll have soapstone. This goes on and on in my mind.

IÂve had SS and know that I can laugh off scratches made from car engine parts (that really happened) so having it again is a no-brainer but I like the others too, some more than soapstone for interest. How do I fit all those materials into one medium sized, straightforward kitchen, or pick one that IÂll be happy with forever and ever?

Please tell me how you "settled" on one or how you incorporated several of them without making the entire kitchen look like a garage sale find.

Comments (59)